Water damage can be a sudden emergency that happens to your real estate, which leaves us feeling frustrated and anxious about what to do next. Water damage in Miami alone is continuously on the rise. There is a drastic increase in the number of homeowners dealing with an appliance leak, burst pipe, or flood damage, to name some. These damages range from a slow, creeping problem to a chaotic invasion of your real estate. You may also begin to notice the walls peeling, the ceiling sagging, and the floorboard wrapping in time, leaving a mess.
It is the reason why timing is essential when it comes to water damages. It is crucial to act fast and take the right steps as soon as possible. In water damage, you cannot do without insurance. Your policy should cover the damage, depending on the casualty. You need to file a water damage insurance claim before you can schedule a massive restoration work. Alconero and Associates Public Adjusters n Miami listed some initial steps you need to take before filing water damage insurance claims from your insurance carrier.
- Take precautionary measures. Your real estate might be a hazard to your health and safety, depending on the situation at hand. There is always the risk of contamination, scared animals, gas leaks, and electrocution when dealing with water damages inside your real estate. Alconero and Associates Public Adjuster in Miami advise you to first prioritize your safety and your family by taking precautionary measures every time you take actions when you do the initial restoration first hand.
- Document the damage immediately. It is essential to take some photos and videos on the water damage before you begin the clean-up process. It will serve as clear evidence of the damage that you will present to your insurance carrier. Consider taking a thorough inventory of any lost or damaged items brought by the casualty. These documentations will be a great help in obtaining the maximum coverage amount for the water damage.
- Take initial assessment. Most water damage insurance claims require an evaluation by highly qualified public adjusters and repairers. All onsite evaluation is arranged directly between the repairer, public adjuster, and yourself.
- Mitigate the water damage. As indicated in your insurance policy, you must do everything the best possible way you can to mitigate further water damage. Bear in mind that it does not mean that you can make the permanent repairs yourself immediately. The insurance company won’t shoulder for those. You can soak up excess water, remove damaged items away from the spot, and start drying the area.
- Lodge your insurance claim. Make sure you already prepared your policy number and information about the water damage. To make the claiming process faster, Alconero and Associates Public Adjuster in Miami advise you to provide the models and as well as the make of any damaged electrical items. You can lodge your claim easily online to keep a recorded detail.
- Elicit the help of a public adjuster. Keep in mind that your insurance carrier will send over an insurance adjuster of their own to investigate the water damage. They are supposed to save the company money. It is highly encouraged to hire a public adjuster instead to schedule a home audit yourself. Alconero and Associates Public Adjuster in Miami represent you on your behalf in the negotiation process. We provide clear evidence of the damage with supporting documents to back up the case.
How can Alconero and Associates Public Adjusters help?
Before you go filing an insurance claim for your real estate’s water damage in Miami, elicit the help of Alconero and Associates Public Adjusters to guide you throughout the process. You can consult us personally at 7951 SW 40th St Suite #210, Miami FL 33155, or contact us at +1 (305) 606-1000. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are more than willing to serve you!