Hurricane Damage Insurance Claim
Hurricane Damages Insurance Claim Adjusters in Miami
All property owners are well aware of the destructive power that a Hurricane or Tropical storm can cause. Wind damage causes a variety of issues to an insured’s home or business. With the increase in tropical activity occurring over the past several years, it is very important for home owners to purchase Windstorm/ Hurricane Insurance to protect their assets. During a Hurricane event, it is very easy for an insured to be overwhelmed with the damages caused to their property and be able to deal with the insurance company. Insurance companies are notoriously known for under valuing the total damages caused and inevitably under pay claims. Engaging the claim help from a trusted public adjuster will ensure your hurricane claim is given the attention and detail required to obtain quick and accurate insurance settlement.
Alconero and Associates Public Adjusters has been a powerful, effective partner for victims of every named tropical storm or hurricane to hit the United States for the past 15 years including Hurricanes Sandy, Katrina, Andrew, Hugo, Ike, and Opal. Our hurricane adjusters, public adjusters and property damage appraisers win claim settlements that reflect what the insurance company is obligated to pay based on your insurance policy and true valuation of damages, rather than what the insurance company wants to pay or simply offers. Hurricane Damage Miami
Hurricane Claim Tips:
It could take weeks after a major hurricane for an independent adjuster from your insurance company to get to your property to evaluate your claim. If you’re not ready to hire a public adjuster, these hurricane claim tips will ensure your claim stays on the right track:
- Request a certified copy of your insurance policy from your agent or broker ASAP.
- Compile your own detailed contents inventory. Include age, brand, quantity, purchase price and a link to where the item, or a comparable one, could be purchased online.
- Control ALL of your personal property. Never allow a restoration company to remove your contents for disposal or restoration until you have met with your insurance company’s adjuster and consulted with a trusted public adjuster to know ALL of your rights and options.
- Mitigate damage to your property by boarding up windows or tarping your roof.
- Obtain independent damage estimates to gauge the actual cost to rebuild your property.
- Never sign a “for insurance proceeds” contract with ANY general contractor.
- Wait – Never start the rebuild process until you know ALL your rights and options for settlement and have an agreed upon “scope” with your insurance company. Do NOT allow a general contractor to convince you otherwise.
- Document every point of communication with your insurance company adjuster and insurance company.
- Demand an explanation from your insurance company adjuster if your hurricane claim has not settled within 60 days.
- Seek to uncover all benefits your policy affords, or consult with a trusted public adjuster. In many total-loss scenarios, a potential 35 percent in extra coverage above the policy limit may be available.
Our clients love us and you will too!
I used Alconero and Associates Public Adjusters because I didn’t have the time or desire to deal with insurance claims. They took over completely and handled everything for me. The final settlement was extremely fair and I couldn’t be happier.
– Nikolas Brooten
The settlement you got for my dwelling and personal property was much more than I ever expected to receive. My insurance company’s information in the first place was really miles away from what it turned out to be. It was an amazing great job done in our favor since the very first day we met. Thanks!
– Elsie Spear
When our house caught fire we were absolutely devastated. You know you need to claim your insurance for the damages to start all over again and this is kind of adding insult to injury. I am so grateful that I have met the wonderful team at Alconero and Associates Public Adjusters who have patiently worked my case and exceeded my expectations. The insurance company was treating us like low class citizens, and in my opinion trying to cheat us. Raul and his team was able to assist and it has been an excellent experience. I will recommend Alconero and Associates Public Adjusters with flying colors.
– Barclay Widerski
You are such a wonderful and caring group of people. Thank you for handling all the details that helped to move our settlement along expeditiously. My fire claim was expedited and settled much faster than my neighbors’ claims, and my settlement was far more generous.
– Coriss Ambady